Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
The college you attend has recently held an International Day with events organized by the overseas students.
As a representative of the Student Union you have received the Principal's letter asking you to write a report. Use the information given in the publicity poster for the event, the Principal's letter and the notes made after the meeting to write the report which the Principal requests.
- include a title and subtitles;
- use an appropriate style;
- organize the information logically and clearly;
- make a critical evaluation and analysis of the event;
- recommend what should be done.
Write 220–250 words.
USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS in your report.
Want to make new friends? Want to learn about other cultures?
Wednesday 11th February International Day
- videos and presentations
- cookery demonstrations
- music and dances from around the world
... and much more!
Dear Student Rep,
Thank you for your help in organizing the recent International Day.
As you know, this was the first event of its kind which has been held in the college. Hoping to hold similar events in future, we need to assess how successful the International Day proved to be.
I would be grateful if you could carry out a survey among the students and prepare a short report on their reactions. Please include some recommendations based on your survey.
Your help is appreciated.
N. Foster Principal
SURVEY OF STUDENT OPINIONS
(Notes from students' meeting, 3rd March)
- Interesting, informative
- Good food
- Not enough music - not loud enough!
- Not enough space for dancing
- Presentations too long - boring!
- Problems with slide projector