The college you attend has recently held a Job Orientation Day in which various companies’ and factories’ representatives participated.
As a representative of the Student Union you have received the Principal's letter asking you to write a report. Use the information given in the publicity poster for the event, the Principal's letter and the notes made after the meeting to write the report which the Principal requests.
- include a title and subtitles;
- use an appropriate style;
- organize the information logically and clearly;
- make a critical evaluation and analysis of the event;
- recommend what should be done.
Write 220–250 words.
USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS in your report.
Haven’t decided what you want to be yet? Want to learn about the best jobs for you?
Wednesday 11th April
Job Orientation Day
- videos and presentations
- tests to find the most suitable jobs for you
- computer-based simulations
... and much more!
Dear Student Rep,
Thank you for your help in organizing the recent Job Orientation Day.
As you know, this was the first event of its kind which has been held in the college. Hoping to hold similar events in future, we need to assess how successful the Job Orientation Day proved to be.
I would be grateful if you could carry out a survey among the students and prepare a short report on their reactions. Please include some recommendations based on your survey.
Your help is appreciated.
N. Foster Principal
SURVEY OF STUDENT OPINIONS
(Notes from students' meeting, 3rd May)
- Interesting, informative
- Experienced representatives
- Wide range of jobs covered
- Computers too old and slow — simulations impossible!
- Tests too long — boring!
- Problems with slide projector